This document is not yet written.
This course makes some assumptions about the students experience and knowledge. All students are expected have:
- A level of comfort with a Linux shell prompt (material assumes bash).
- Familiarity with C and the standard C library, notably C99.
- Familiarity with an assembly language (e.g. x86, arm, mips)
- An ability to google for help and consumption of technical documentation.
- An applicable reason for going through the material beyond curiosity.
As for expected materials, students are assumed to have:
- A developer machine (e.g. desktop, laptop) that is capable of running a Virtual Machine running Docker.
- Need disk space to support an Ubuntu distro with ~20GB of extra space.
- At least 3 available USB-A ports for device connectivity (e.g. usb hub).
- RJ45 ethernet connectivity (e.g. internal NIC or usb NIC).
- Need the ability to pass through USB and network interfaces to VM (e.g. admin rights).